If you are missing one tooth or multiple teeth in a row, we may recommend a bridge to restore your smile. A bridge is a fixed dental restoration, meaning it is non-removable. The bridge is anchored in place through the use of two dental crowns, which are custom made to fit your smile and are placed on the teeth or dental implants next to the space left by the missing tooth. These crowns hold the artificial tooth in place, ensuring that your restoration will not shift or come loose. It typically requires 2 visits to our practice to complete the bridge. Bridges are designed to last for many years and to restore the function, beauty, and health of your smile.
Our dentist may recommend a dental bridge to improve your smile by:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat, and chew as normal
- Alleviating excess stress on the bite
- Improving the shape and volume of your face
- Replacing an unwanted removable partial denture
- Preventing the remaining natural teeth from moving out of position
- Enhancing the appearance of your smile
Many bridges can now fabricated in a single visit using our CEREC system.